Sunday, April 28, 2013

In unknown lands the elf met a stranger...

Heya peeps,

so, after a bit of a blow up because a friend of mine didn't want to tell some random impolite chick what her skin was, I will state this:

NO, it is NOT mean, bitchy, princessy and arrogant not to state where your skin and layers are from. Secondlife only offers a few things to truly customize your avatar. Creating a UNIQUE looking character for role-play that doesn't run around with your generic XY skin requires quite a bit of Lindens and time and matching 'skills'. So, if someone doesn't want to tell every layer, how about you just accept it and move on to start to create your own ideas?

It has NOTHING to do with being a princess or wanting to be special, but it has everything to do with wanting to maintain unique features that fit the character you picture in your mind. It is another reason why most people who value a bit of a unique look do not go for mesh-heads...an army of clones really is a bit boring.

Going so far to spend your online time on finding out what skin person XY is wearing and how she combines her layers, to then spill it to the public in your profile, alongside with some incredibly idiotic rant only paints you as an uncreative mean chick who cannot for the sake of her own reputation accept a 'no' and create an avi herself. :D

/rant off. It's so fun to rant at times. :P

Oh and by the way...mysterious woman, you got it wrong. It isn't Pussy by The Bodyshop, as you have certainly realized by now. Since you apparently told her you are a blogger, from what I have been told, shouldn't you have recognized it? ;D

Here is my current outfit! :) I got wrapped up in some funky rp while shooting this by a guy with a funny hat!

Blog199PS
Hair: Wasabi Pills (MissAllSunday Lemon, Mesh!!)
Shape: selfmade
Ears: Illusions (Siyu Suen, Mesh!! @ Fantasy Faire --> Evensong Woods Sim)
Eyes: Dead Apples (Soleil Reid, Mesh!!)
Vest: Peqe (Ines Hax, Mesh!!)
Sleeves: Pivaaca (Trish Blanco, part of Long Boldero/Cardigan)
Dress: League (Nena Janus)
Corset: The Plastik (Aikea Rieko, NEW!! Mesh!!)
Pants: Sur + (Sienia Trevellion)
Boots: Mon Tissu (Elie Spot, Mesh!!)
Gloves: Caverna Obscura (Elvina Ewing, part of Ascalon Ranger)
Gauntlets: Deco (Orchid Zenovka, Mesh!!)
Crown: Balderdash (Saigye Lotus, @ Fantasy Faire --> Magnificat Sim)
Necklace: erare (Thora Charron, Groupgift!!)
Rings: Manna (Manna Yoshikawa)
Belt: Surf Couture (Emma Gilmour)
Bag: Soedara (Marbella Pronovost, part of Nudzahui Outfit)
Blowdart: EZ Weaponrey (Deccan Arida, Mesh!! NEW!!)
Bow: Centipede Weapons (Kendra Zaurak, Mesh!!)
Dagger: Innocuous (Circuitous Resident, Mesh!!)

Location: Unknown Lands (GE Gorean Role-Play), Sylvanas

Blog199PS

7 comments:

  1. Why on earth is The Living Legend Lizard Starsider not in these photos Arica? HAVE YOU NO IDEA WHO HE IS??

    PS: Post and photos look amazing.
    <3
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rofl, he complained about that as well! And well, to me he is Mr. Funkyhat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, do value the effort I've put into finding, trying, purchasing, combining and even modding all the things that usually make up my avatar, as well as the 'uniqueness' that results from it all.

    But I also have to weight all that against my natural tendency to help others and to share what, almost always in one way or another (including, btw, fashion blogs), was after all and openly shared with me and many others.

    And in the end, that tendency always wins in me... yes, even at the cost of my precious 'uniqueness'. I just don't have the galls to charge for, or refuse, to freely give others what was freely given to me before.

    But I guess that to each their own ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand that point of view and I am the last person to deny the info on items. However, if -I- spend hours to create a unique (yes, I do consider it unique, uh huh!) face through skin + 5 layers, then yes, I am reluctant to give them out all and I do not blame anyone else who is reluctant either. I have blogged each of the layers etc. that I wear before, so I do not feel bad about not 'giving traffic to the store' where I got them from either, I suppose, months of coverage are fine already. :) If you ask me about a plain skin, sure thing! I'll always tell. But if you want to recreate my avi from head to toe, then no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm disappointed you did not put up some shots of the Living Legend! He is one sexy man...... it's true! He told me so! Since he didn't make fun of my horns (well at least not in a straight forward way) I wont make fun of his hat. Anyway he is passing out autographs at 7pm. Be there..... or just be :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you most of the time, but here I think you and your friend is very selfish against the designers who spend endless time in Photoshop or Gimp, pay for land in SL, pay for uploads, pay to enter events. They shall not be allowed a new sale, so your friend can be just what she denies to be, a special snowflake.
    It is not necessary to list in detail just what skin, what tone, what makeups one wear, but at least say who the designer is. It can be annoying to have someone copy your look, but copiers will always come and go. The "Idiotic rant" posted is just to shrug off, and it's a direct result of your friends refusal. Who can tell if the "mysterious" woman wanted to look just the same in the start, or if she would add on other makeups over the skin if she got a nice reply back. Her shape, hair and eyes would also change her look. Heck, maybe she even demo'ed the skin and found out that she didn't like it on her shape and bought another skin.

    I never deny anyone an answer to what I wear, I owe it to the fabulous SL designers. If I spend some hours searching for my look, it can not be compared to their work first. Maybe I never see the other avatar again, who cares if she wear the same skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. II agree partially. I always tell where my stuff is from, but if someone wants to know every single layer? No. I am sorry. I have blogged all of the things I wear so very often over the past year that I do not feel bad for refusing a copycat. And since they rped in the same thing, chances would have been she would have seen her every day for hours Otherwise, I doubt that she or I would care a whole lot. :) Telling the baseskin? Sure thing! But don't get into my IMs and rant away because you figured you need 5 layers to get the same face...no. Nope. Sorry. I'll tell you almost everything, but not the exact combination of that. UNless you are a friend, then...maybe. ;D I think I have done more than my fair share to support the designers involved in -my- skin.

    ReplyDelete