Wednesday, July 11, 2012

REVIEW: INNOCUOUS

Today I am reviewing the released items of a new store: INNOCUOUS. It is my first real review-post so be patient. :) The pants have been released now, too!

Below you can see my avatar in their items, in several variations of colours. The creator of these items wants them to be versatile and combineable. First and foremost, they are geared towards role-players, but honestly I do not think that people who only wear casual clothes should shun these. The pants I would totally wear in rl as well, same with the bolero. They are super cute.



Colours and textures

These are only a few colours of those offered. Corset, cowl and bolero come in five different colours, the pants come in eight colours. I really like them, very classy and even fitting for role-play without looking boring. The textures are highly detailed and unique. I love the shading on both the pants and the bolero.

I am especially happy that the fabrics of these items are fitting for roleplay. Linen, leather, cloth... it is perfect. If you have a closer look, you will see that the buttons, lacings and pockets on the bolero, corset and pants are not drawn onto the texture, but rather little mesh-items themselves which gives them a real 3D look. I think the wrinkles on the pants look especially realistic. Overall, I am really happy with the attention to details the creator has shown.

Shape and fitting

All items (besides the daggers) come in the usual five standard sizes: XXS, XS, S, M and L. In my case, my avi almost always fits in either size S or M. On the pictures I wear the pants in size S and the corset and bolero in size M. If you want to layer meshitems, you obviously will have to choose bigger sizes for the items you wear OVER other items.

In this case, the pants, as you can see on the photo, stick a bit through the corset on my avi's right hip. While moving, that happened a lot. However, this has more to do with me than with the creator: I refused to wear XXS pants to prevent the corset/pants from sticking trhough, or I could have worn the corset in one size larger, but I refused to make my boobs bigger to adjust to that. So, I went with a bit of clashing mesh which, in my case, will be hidden under a belt anyway. I just think outfits with no belt usually look boring. :)

Overall I must say the items fit really well. Only some minor things that I noticed:  For the cowl I needed to wear an alphalayer from one of my LeLutka hairs, otherwise it would have shown on top. But I told the creator about that little problem and she said she'll add alphas to the cowl-vendors, too.

The corset will at times stick through your boobs or not work well with crazy animation, but that's how it goes with pretty much every underbust-corset that I own. I think it is more of a general rigging-problem than a problem this specific item has.

There is also a little gap showing between my legs. Not invisible-ponyrider-worthy, but it is there. Honestly, I have that with pretty much every single meshpants out there and if I want to have it less, I just wear the pants in size M and it looks better already, but then I have to hide that part under the belt, because pants size M and corset size M don't go well together on my shape. I do think that my shape is partially at fault as well, because my elf has a big bum, so well, I'll deal with a small gap. And those pants look really hot from behind, too! ;)



I am especially happy about the length of the pants: perfect for boots. Finally I have mesh-pants than I can wear with boots, woohoo.

So, what's the result?

I think as a summary I can say that despite some minor things that more than liekly will eb ironed out soon, these items REALLY impress me and I hoped this review was helpful for you. If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to tell me. :) I am always open for helpful advices.

Arica. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment